- In 2014 the alternative finance market is expected to grow to £1.74 billion.
- The market grew by 150 per cent from 2012 to 2013 and is on track to grow by 161 per cent from 2013 to 2014.
- It is expected that the UK alternative finance market will have provided working, over £1bn of growth and working capital to an estimated 7,180 SME equivalent to 2.4 per cent of bank lending to businesses.
- 70 per cent of SME borrowers using P2P business lending have seen their turnover grow since secured funding with 63 per cent of them recording a growth in profit.
- Alternative finance is providing significant additional giving to social good projects, with more than three in four backers of projects with a social focus using funds in addition to what they would normally give to charitable causes.